Kolkata Telephone District, BSNL has decided to offer 50% discount on EVDO data card sale price in replacement of CDMA 1X data card with other offers too for the affected CDMA 1x data customers of Kolkata Telephone District, as BSNL is going to shutting down CDMA 1x & CDMA voice services in Kolkata.
Kolkata Telephone District, the state-run telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam’s Kolkata unit, announced earlier this month that it is shutting down its CDMA 1x & CDMA voice services from 31st October since the operator has surrendered 1 block of 1.25MHz in the 800MHz band in Kolkata circle. BSNL earlier slowed down selling new CDMA SIM cards in that region. This move by the state-run operator came in as they have a really small chunk of CDMA users on their network.
In view of the surrender of one carrier in 800 MHz in KOLKATA TD, it has been decided by the BSNL Authority to offer following promotional scheme to the affected 1x data customers in replacement of 1x Data cards in KOLKATA TD:-
- 50% discount on EVDO data card sale price (Rs.1199/-) with free activation and RUIM is to be offered in replacement of CDMA 1X data card (Applicable for both Prepaid and postpaid 1X customers).
- Affected Postpaid 1X data customers have to be option to choose any existing EVDO postpaid plan.
- Affected Prepaid 1X data customer will recharge with any existing EVDO prepaid voucher/STV.
- No freebies to be offered to these customers at time of activation of connections.
- All generated bills must be cleared before migration of existing customers into EVDO services.
- Customers have to return 1X data card in working condition in CSC before providing the EVDO data cards.
The above tariff will be offered for a promotional period of 90 days w.e.f. 12/10/2015.